Saturday, November 30, 2013

Song Break Down-East To West

The next song I'm going to do in this series is "East to West. This is another one of my go to songs that I love to listen to when I'm down. There is one line in the song that I think really sets the theme for the whole song which goes, "I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west" Psalms 103:12 says, "He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west." This line talks to this verse about how our sins are separated from us as far as the east is from the west. The chorus then explains this line even more and it shows the hope that comes when Jesus died for us and separated us from our sins. The chorus goes, "Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west / 'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again / In the arms of Your mercy I find rest / 'cause You know just how far the east is from the west / From one scarred hand to the other" When Jesus died on the cross He separated our sins from us which is mentioned in the last line of the song.

The line that I love the best is, "And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned / But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way" So many times we feel that if we make one more mistake and God will abandon us where we are. Well the good news is Hebrews 13:5b says "For he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" No matter how many mistakes you make or how many times you mess up God will never leave or forsake you. The rest of the song is about finding peace in God and knowing that you have been made clean.

I just painted a simple picture to go along with this song. In the middle you have the cross and where each scarred hand of Jesus would be, there is the directions east and west. On the east side I drew a representation of your sins. I chose dark colors and I drew them randomly to show how dark sin is and how it can mess up your life. On the west side the is a purple blob representing you. I chose purple because it is a royal color and as believers we will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. The line blob isn't perfect, but then as humans we are not perfect either. That is my visual, and I pray that it helped you understand the song a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment