Saturday, November 16, 2013

Stumbling

A big part of schooling is our grades. Some teachers say that the grades aren't important, as long as you are learning you will be fine. Now let's get real here. Grades are important. They help you get into college, and get scholarships. Many of us are stressed out just about our grades because we need them to be as high as possible. For me, I have been a straight A student all my life. Right now in Calculus, my grade is a C, and it is killing me. Then I was reading my bible and I found this verse. Psalms 37: 23-24 says, "The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." I found comfort in this because while I'm stumbling on the path of trying to get my math grade up, I know that I am not alone, and I won't completely lose my grip. Slowly I can get my grade up, but it takes trusting God, and not my own understanding to do it. But through all of this, God is doing this for his glory, and I have to surrender and let God take over my life. So what ever your grades are, just give them up to God because he can handle it. Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." If you let God carry your yoke* and you carry his, your burdens would be on God and not yourself, and it is a lot easier to go throughout the day. God doesn't want you to fall flat on your face, but he can't help you if you don't give him an opportunity to. So are you going to give God your burdens today, whatever it may be?

* Yoke-a wooden beam that goes around the neck to join two or more animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment