Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Serving

So last night, a couple of the kids from my church and I went to go volunteer at the Children's Hospital. It was amazing to sit with some of the kids that were in the hospital, and to give them something to do that allowed them to get out of their rooms. There was one girl I remember well, and on her T-Shirt she wrote down a quote which said, 'Life isn't measured in the number of breaths that we take, but the number of breaths that take our breath away." This girl was so positive even through all that she was going through.
It is just an amazing experience to be able to step outside of our own problems and to help someone get through theirs. James 2 17-18 says, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds." As it is written in James, faith without action is dead. It's one thing to say your a Christian, it's another thing to go out in the world and live like Jesus. We can learn so much from someone else by serving and you could learning something about yourself.  And when you get the attention off of yourself, you tend to forget your worries, and pain. I didn't even think about my super low math grade once, because that wasn't important to these kids. They could care less what grade in math I had, they just cared that I was there. So go out into the world and serve someone else, to show that your faith isn't dead, and to be a light to someone who might need it. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaitlyn! It was such a blessing to serve with you! You have such a heart for The Lord! Your love for Him is contagious and I love spending time with you!

    Great Scripture talking about faith without deeds is dead. We are told in Scripture that "This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." -John 15:8 We are truly called to serve, love one another, pray for each other, live a life like Jesus, and surrender our lives to the King of Kings!!

    Look forward to spending time with you again at life group in a couple of weeks! Keep up the great work girl!! God bless you! -Nicole G

    ReplyDelete