Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Fog

So I was driving my brother to driver's ed class, and it was really foggy during the drive. To get to the class, we have to cross the dam that is over the lake, by our house. As we were driving over the dam, all that could be seen was white, and the car in front of you. So after I dropped my brother off I went back over the dam, and I started thinking. The drive is a good representation of walking with Jesus. All you can see is what Jesus has provided for you, nothing more, nothing less. Jesus knows how easily distracted we can get. If it wasn't as foggy, then I could have easily been looking around and cause an accident on the dam. Jesus doesn't want us to crash on purpose. He limits our view sometimes because He knows that if we could see a little more, we would actually cause more harm to ourselves. Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." We don't understand what God has planned for us, or how we will get there. But there is so much going on in the fog that we can't see or even begin to understand. When we try to lean on our own understanding, we tend to fall. We have to trust that God has a plan for us, no matter what you are going through. So are you on God's path, or are you heading into the fog?

No comments:

Post a Comment