Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day of Thanks

As Thanksgiving is arriving, we tend to say what we thankful for. And after we say our thanks, we stuff our selves full with turkey. A trend that I see is when it comes to Thanksgiving, we are often thankful for the material things that we have. We often forget to the Lord, and Jesus, and the Spirit for what they did for us that we don't deserve. I'm not asking you to give a big, long speech on Thanksgivings Day, but just writing down that you are thank for the Trinity. It doesn't have to be long are filled with big words, but it needs to come from the hearts. For this week I just found a simple verse about thanksgiving. Psalms 107:1 says, "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" Every thing that happens is because of the Lord, and everything is for the good for you. So around thanksgiving, take some time to thank God for what he has done.

Here is a short little poem I wrote, to help you get inspired.

Give thanks to the Lord,
For His love never ending,
And His grace is new everyday.

Give thanks to Jesus,
For He took my sin,
And separated it from me,
As far as the east is from the west.

Give thanks to the Spirit,
For He leads me everyday,
He is my guidance in my life.

Give thanks for the clothes on my back,
For the food on my plate,
For the cash in my wallet,
For the family who supports me.
Give thanks to the Lord,
Because without Him,
I don't know where I would be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment