Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Finding God-Role Models

So growing up, we tend to look up to someone who is older then us or who is more advanced then us for help. We call these people "Role Models." You may have a role model for many different reasons, but whatever the reasons are, the influence our lives. Sometimes the influences are good, sometimes they aren't as good. There is still a way though, to find God in our role models.
One of the people that I look up to is Ross Lynch. There are many things that I like about Ross, but one thing I like is how close his family is. He has three brothers and one sister and they are all very close. This is an influence for me, because me and my brother are that close and it's good to know that I'm not the only one with my brother as my best friend. As I was looking for a verse about family and I found 1 Timothy 5:8 which says, "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." When you have a best friend, you will tend to do what ever you can for them. Not only are Ross and his family are close, but they also form a band. And with the band they are still close, and they provide for each other. It helps to show me that no matter what me and my brother go through, we can still be friends, and provide for each other.
So this concludes the mini series I have been writing about Find God, and I hope that it helped you find God more in your everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment