Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Working Through the Boring

I was doing a Bible study in my devotional Bible when I came across this topic of persistence that I thought was really cool. It was based off the Bible verse 2 Chronicles 24:13 which goes, "The men in charge of the work were diligent, and the repairs progressed under them. They rebuilt the temple of God according to its original design and reinforced it." Now the construction of a temple is not the most exciting thing, and it is a lot of hard work. When you read the verse though, we see that the workers are very diligent in what they do. They are focused on completing this task and they are going to do it correctly the first time around. Diligence is all about being careful and being persistent in your work, no matter how boring or hard it is. Now stop and think of a class that you do that is rather boring. For some people it is math, for others it is English. For me it is history. I get distracted so easily, and it is rather boring, and most of time I would so much rather be doing anything else. So after reading this verse and studying it, I have a challenge for my readers and me. We all can name one thing that we find boring, but I challenge you and me to do that task or homework assignment with diligence, and I want to know what you got as a result. I will post what I found on Saturday before my normal posting. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for giving us things that we love to do, and I pray that you will help us to be diligent in all that we do, no matter how boring it might be. I want to be like the workers who worked diligently on your temple Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment