Saturday, January 24, 2015

Recap of Semester One

So if you remember last Saturday, I didn't write the post that I wanted to write because between Wednesday and  last Saturday, life got a little crazy. I think that I have processed most of what happened, and I have laid out some of the bigger points.

-You will face difficult times in your life.- John 16:33 talks about going through hard times, and the fact that we will face trials in our life. For me my trials were found in my Japanese final, which I didn't do so well on, and having to take a final on topics that I didn't know to well because we had a sub. But the verse continues on to say that, "But take heart; I have overcome the world." God has already overtaken the world when he rose up from the grave. No trial that you are facing is to big for God to handle. 

-God is always with you.- Going into finals, there were some that I felt confident on, and there were some that I were scared to take, like math. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”Before I took my math final, or any final, I prayed that God would be with me, and that he would help me recall all the information that I had learned. Going into each test, knowing that God is with me, gave me the courage and strength that I needed to take my finals. Over all, I got pretty good grades on my finals. My best was math, where I got a 96% which was my only A this semester.

-Your identity is found in God, and not the numbers.- For most of us, we get so caught up in the grades and the percentages. Most of us will do anything to have our grade go up one percentage point so that we can get the next letter grade. But when we are in Christ, we are children of God. John 1:12 says, "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." When you are standing before God in Heaven, he won't be judging you by your grades, but by your faith in Him as his child. Grades are important, and you should try your best, but they don't define you. 

These are the three big ideas that came out of the last week. I pray that if you are struggling with school or your grades, that you will take comfort in this. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for encouraging us to learn, and to grow as humans. I pray that you will be near us through every trial, and that we find our identity in you as children of God, and not in the grades that we get. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment