Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's All in The 'Tude- Loving Our Enemies

So many of us know that we are suppose to love our enemies. Luke 6:27 says, "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you." But no matter how many times that we are told this, it doesn't get any easier to do. The girl who insulted you, or the guy who pushes you around in school, it is difficult to love them. I mean how can you love someone, who is out to destroy you. But God wants us to love them, no matter how hard it is. So the first step is to change our attitude towards them. If we stop viewing them as our enemies, but as people, then things start to seem as if you can love them. When we view them as enemies, we see then as something that we have to conquer. When we view them as being people, then it becomes easier to see how you can love them. Every person has their own set of wants and desires, their own set of fears, and their own set of heartaches. Our job then becomes one of trying to understand them, and to love on them for who they are. Things no longer become a search and destroy mission, but one of loving on someone who is broken and they have their own struggles. We need to shift our attitude from one that wants war, to one that wants peace.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the people who love me and thank you for your love. I pray that I can take the love that has been given to me and reflect in onto my enemies. I pray that you help me see them as people like you see them Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment