Thursday, October 30, 2014

Finding Me-Ross Lynch

I have many role models, especially from the Christian Music Industry, but Ross Lynch is different. Ross Lynch is from my home state of Colorado. I find that to be very cool, especially because as I was growing up, I thought that Colorado was a talent-less place, that didn't get any respect from the outside. This was also influenced when there were singers who come to Colorado and they show up two hours later to their concert, or they just didn't show. I thought that no one had much respect for the state of Colorado. It was because Ross Lynch was from Colorado that I originally watched Austin and Ally. I was going into my freshman year of high school, and I thought that it would be uncool to still watch Disney Channel. So I wasn't going to getting interested in any new shows, but once I found out that one of the leads was from Colorado, I gave Austin and Ally a chance, and I fell in love with the series. (Now if my parents ground me, they don't ground me from the computer or my phone, they ground me from Austin and Ally.) This was important to me because it not only showed me that Colorado had talent, but it showed me that if you want it bad enough, then anyone from Colorado can make it big.
Now I am not looking to get in the acting business, but I would really love to become a great musician, or a really good photographer/ graphic designer. I have already proven that I have the talent, from the solos that I have done during the performances for orchestra. I have also taken third place in state at a photography competition. I have the talent, and I shouldn't let the fact that I was raised in Colorado, become a limitation of me being able to follow my dreams. I mean my parents aren't going to pack up and move to some other state, because they promised my brother and I that they wouldn't make us change schools, until we are done with high school, which I appreciate. But if I work hard enough, than I can get my work out there, and I may not become famous, but I'm okay with that, because I know that if I can change one persons life with my work, than I know that I have done well.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you so much, for allowing me to be born in Colorado, and thank you for someone like Ross Lynch who I can look up to. Lord, please help me not let Colorado become a limitation for me, but help me to know that I can do what ever  you have in mind for me, regardless of these imaginary lines drawn on a page to create states. Thank you for the many talents you have given me, and help me to use them to glorify you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment