Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Finding Me- Frozen

I am behind the trend of what is popular, but I had recently watched frozen, and like everyone else who watched it, I am in love with it. My favorite character is Elsa, and if you have been reading this series you could guess why. I do find that I have somethings in common with Elsa. (No I don't have power to freeze things so don't ask)
Like younger Elsa, I used to be outgoing and I would love to interact with people. Then something big occurred in our life that changed that. Afterwards, Elsa locked herself in room, and I cut myself off from most of my friends. But the difference here is that Elsa went and hid to protect the people she loved. I went and hid to protect myself from the people who loved me.
Through out the movie of Frozen, the viewer goes on this journey with Elsa as she has to face the fact that the people she was trying to protect was actually hurting them. By cutting herself from Anna, she creates this space between them, and in Anna's attempt to fix it, Elsa actually hurts Anna which is what Elsa was trying not to do. When I cut myself of from the people who are trying to help, I have actually hurt myself. By creating a distance from the people who love me, it is hard to find someone to be there to help me.
Another concept from the movie that I cling to is the one of "conceal, don't feel." Acting like everything is fine, builds up. I have kept so much to myself, and last week I just let it go. I got my math test back, and it wasn't close to the score I wanted, and I failed the test. I broke down in class and I let everything out. I found that when I let people in, they are there to help me. I had people help me with the test corrections, and they did all they could to just cheer me up.
At the end of the movie, it is explained that love can thaw a frozen heart. It was love, that thawed Anna, and it was love that help Elsa thaw the snow that covered the whole kingdom. When I was able to let the love of my close friends back into my heart, I became happier, I had more love to give. Fear has the ability to stop you in your tracks, and it can cause you to turn away from every thing you know. Love, can overtake fear, and it can make things new, and whole, and beautiful again.
To sum this up, I tried to protect myself, from the people who loved me by cutting them off. I let fear enter and rule my life, when instead I should have let love in.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the movie, Frozen, because it was an incredible movie. I pray Lord that I won't let fear be the ruler of my life, but  I would let love in to feel and consume my heart. Thank you for putting such incredible people in my life Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment