Saturday, April 23, 2016

Difference In Cultures

So growing up, I lived in a suburb of Denver, Colorado. I was never what you would classify as a city girl for I love camping and hiking and being outdoors. But after my moved to Dordt, that view changed. Yesterday Dordt had what they called Ag Day. They brought in farm equipment and farm animals, and they invited the elementary schools from the area to come and learn about agriculture. Compared to the people I saw yesterday, I am totally a city girl, even though I am not considered that back home. My identity totally changed based on my location.
Which got me thinking about how important it is for us to find our identity in Christ. If our identity can change like the wind, it is very easy to lose who we are. We can't ever find stability in our identity when we rely on what the world has to say. That is why it is so important to find our identity in God. For one day you may not be a city girl and the next day, you may be totally a city girl.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for making me the way I am. Help me to find my identity and worth in you, and not of the things of this world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment