Saturday, November 22, 2014

Song Break Down-Try

For the second song that I’m going to break down is “Try” by Colbie Caillat. This song is just inspirational by itself, but there are verses in the Bible to back up the meaning of the song. This song is so true in its meaning that you are perfect just the way you are, and I feel like more girls need to hear this in their lives.
For the verses, the song tells a story of a girl who is out to impress the people around her. The first verse goes “Put your make up on/Get your nails done/Curl your hair/Run the extra mile/Keep it slim/So they like you. Do they like you?/Get your sexy on/Don't be shy, girl/Take it off/This is what you want, to belong/So they like you. Do you like you?” I love the question that is proposed in the verse, “Do you like you?” We all try to impress the people around us, but if we don’t love yourself then what is the point. If you have to drag yourself out of bed every morning and you work hard  to look a certain way that you don’t like, then what is the point of putting all your energy in.
The second verse continues on and I love what the second part of the verse talks about. “Wait a second,/Why should you care, what they think of you/When you're all alone, by yourself/Do you/Like you? Do you like you?” When you can’t even love yourself when you are by yourself, you are ingrained in trying to please people. When you’re by yourself, you should be able to be who you really are. There is no one to judge who you are, except yourself. Shouldn’t you try to please you who is there in that moment, than people who aren’t there.

The last verse talks about becoming who you are. The last line though is what I love the most that goes, “Cause I like you.” Now up to this point, I have talked more about the song, than how it is to glorify God. This last line is a more direct question, and every time I hear, I imagine God asking me that question. Many of us feels like we don’t deserve God’s love because of what we have done, but once you are saved, God doesn’t see you that way before. There are many Bible verses that speak on how wonderful you are made, it is just so hard to believe it.
Matthew 5:48-“ You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Proverbs 16:4- The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.
Psalms 139:14-“ I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.”
Ephesians 2:20-“ For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
These four verses are just a small sample of verse that talks about how God sees us. It may seem hard to believe these verses, but they are true. This song, wasn’t necessarily a song to directly glorify God, more than it is to show you how God thinks of you. Once you believe theses verses though, God is able to use you for many of other things that will glorify him. We just need to start with the foundation so that later in life God can build a house on it that will glorify him.
When it comes to the chorus, I’m not going to break it completely down. I challenge you to give up control of everything that you are doing to try to fit in. when  you give it to God, you don’t have to continuously try to please people. God’s love will flow from you and you’ll make friends who like you for you and not for that outer looks.
You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing

You don't have to try, try, try, try
You don't have to try, try, try, try
You don't have to try, try, try, try
You don't have to try
You don't have to try

Dear Heavenly Father

Thank you so much for creating me the way you wanted me to be created, for I know that I have a purpose and that I am made in the image of you. I know that it is hard to believe this truth, because the world throws so many lies at us. I pray that you help me, and anyone else who is reading my blog right now Lord, to understand that we are loved just the way we are, and that we don’t have to put on a show to win affection. Thank you Lord for making me.

No comments:

Post a Comment