Wednesday, November 5, 2014

College Visit

So last week was my fall break, and my family and I went and visited colleges. I'm not going to preach today, but I would love to give some advice for what I found to be helpful over the last week.

Advice 1-Go and visit the colleges- I know that this isn't always possible, but visiting the colleges can give you so much help in choosing which one is best for you. There was a college that I wanted to go to, it was in my top three, but then I visited the college and I wasn't as impressed. It was really big and it wasn't me. Another college in my top three blew me away when I visited. If you can also spend the night, that is just like icing on the cake.

Advice 2-Money is something but not everything- Most people are worried about how they are going to pay for college. I have a college that is offering to pay my tuition, but I visited the campus and I wasn't blown away. The college that I liked from above is giving me some scholarship, but not full tuition. If you are worried about money, go and try to find other scholarships. There are plenty out there and you just need to find them. If you ask for help from Jesus, he will help you provide for college, he may not give you full tuition, but he will most definitely help with the burden.

Advice 3-Learn from the experience- This whole experience has been a huge learning opportunity. I learned how to not completely lose my mind  when I'm stuck with my family in a car for the whole day. I learned that what I'm doing at school, is helping me prepare for college, and I should take it seriously. I found out more about what I want to study, even though I haven't clearly made up my mind yet. There is so much to learn with each new experience.

 I know that all my readers aren't applying to college this year, or that they are already in college, but I pray that you can take something from this to apply to your life.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for a chance to continue my education. I pray that you will help me follow your will for my life to choose what college I will go to. I pray that you help me find a way to finance college. I pray for any of my readers who may be going through the same period in life, that you will be with them to help guide them. Thank you Lord for you love, and a safe trip. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment