Saturday, November 15, 2014

Song Break Down-Intro to Something New

Many of my readers who have read my blog for a while may know that I do these song break downs. For those who don’t know, I take a song and take it apart and analyze it. I traditionally would do this with a Christian song, but I’m going to do a couple of secular songs. God created everything on this earth to glorify Him, it is just that sin has crept in and diluted everything. There is a way to glorify God with everything, it may just take some effort.
A good place to start is with the love songs, and that is where I’m probably going to focus the most. They are everywhere and there a plenty of them. Now they are suppose to be sung or listened with your date, but some of them can be used to worship God. The greatest commandment that God gave us is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”(Matthew 22:37) There aren’t enough words to express how much we love God, but singing some love songs is a good place to start.
Now as we do this we need to remember that it is all about our hearts. If you are sincerely worshipping God with what you sing, then it shouldn’t matter if you sing a non-secular song or a secular song. I’m not saying for all your worship songs to be secular, but I do know that some non secular songs aren’t the fastest, most up tempo songs, and that every once and a while you need a song that you can just dance to. If you struggle with secular music, than that is fine. Everyone is different in how they worship, and maybe this isn’t for you. Just find what works for you.
With that, I’m going to be doing some song break downs to secular music, and I hope you keep an open mind.

Dear Heavenly Father,

You know how passionate I am for using everything on Earth to glorify you. As I launch into this new series, I pray that the Holy Spirit will lead the way, so that I still glorify you while talking about secular music. I pray that this will touch my readers too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment