Wednesday, March 26, 2014

God's Not Dead

Spoiler Alert: The following post contains some endings to the movie God's Not Dead.

Over the weekend, I went and watched the new movie "God's Not Dead." I loved the movie so much. One of the big ideas that stuck out to me were reflected in the verses, Matthew 10: 32-33. The verses go, “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." And not only did the movie state these verses over and over again, they showed how to live it out in life. The movie showed the action behind the faith. The main character, Josh Wheaton, was faced with a choice to denounce God to not be singled out, or he could hold his faith. He at first didn't really even know what to do. The pastor at the church he was at gave him this verse to help him make up his mind. In the end, he did stand up for God, and slowly he started to see the results of his actions, some good, some bad. 
Now we may not be asked to give a whole presentation about your faith, but even saying to your friends that you believe in God is acknowledging him. You may lose some friends, stop and think for a minute. Would you rather lose some friends to know that Jesus will acknowledge you in heaven, or would you rather keep you friends and lose Jesus being on your side. I don't know about you, but I would want Jesus on my side. And you may lose some friends, but you will gain others, and they might share the same faith as you. Josh did lose his girlfriend, but he made other friends in the class who were willing to learn about God. Just because you stepped out in your faith, may help others to grow in theirs or come to know Jesus. It may not be easy to acknowledge God before man, but the rewards that come afters are so much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment