Saturday, March 1, 2014

30 Days

Studies have shown that it takes thirty days to learn a new skill, or to make a new habit. In the beginning of the year, I talked about doing the 30 day challenge the K-Love talks about which is listening to nothing but Christian music for 30 days. Then I saw a Ted Talk at school, about doing other things in 30 days. So today I encourage you to try something for 30 days. We are still young and we are able to experiment some to find out what we really want to do with our lives. But you can't know what you love to do if you never try. So try to come up with an idea that you can try for 30 days. If you are stuck and you can't come up with any ideas, below I have brainstormed a list of ideas. While you are trying something new for thirty days this month, I will be trying too. Every Sunday this month, I will show/talk about what I did for that week. so I challenge you to try something for 30 days.

Ideas
*If you want to grow closer to God, try reading the bible every day for 30 days. Psalms 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Read so that you can see the path to take. 
*If you want to write a book, try writing 500 words a day. At the end you would have a 15 thousand word book.
*Try taking a photo of something you love for 30 days to keep the memories of things you love.
*Try to listen to a new Christian song everyday to find new inspiration.
*Try to learn five new vocab words to build up your vocabulary.
The Ted Talk video.
http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

No comments:

Post a Comment