Saturday, December 29, 2012

Forgiveness

Think back to a time where someone hurt you - whether physically, emotionally, or mentally.  I bet we can all think of one time that someone has hurt us.  But have you forgiven that person for what they did to you?  You might be thinking that you can't forgive the person for what they did.  God forgave us for our sins and asks us to do the same, so you should be able to forgive someone who has hurt you.  I can telling you that you can do it with God's help.  If you pray to God to help you forgive someone, He will give you the strength to forgive them.  Trust me, once you forgive someone, a weight will be lifted off your shoulders.  I forgave the girl who bullied me in first grade (see "Bullying" to get the story).  At first, I couldn't bring myself to forgiving her.  For 6 years I held a grudge against her.  After I forgave her, I found peace I hadn't had in a long time.  And if you look at the other side of this and have hurt someone, wouldn't you want them to forgive you?  I just hope that if you have someone you need to forgive, please try to do so.  Holding a grudge hurts you way more than it does them.

I love this song by Matthew West because of it message on forgiveness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lu5udXEZI

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)"

Source:
"Matthew West-Forgivness (Lyrics)." Youtube. MattStone712, 9 July 2012. Web. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Lu5udXEZI.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, love.
    I know the idea about bullying. You know the story. I was bullied by a girl from Kindergarten until fifth grade, until a teacher still mistreated me. She was mean to me, and I had her in at least one of my classes every year.
    Last year was the first year I forgive her. While I still talk about her meanness sometimes, I don't feel the hate I used to. I can truly say I am free of hate.
    It's a wonderful feeling.
    Kunabee.

    ReplyDelete