Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Respecting Other Religions

 This time of the year there are a lot of different celebrations throughout the world.  Jewish people celebrate Hanukkah, December 8th-16th.  Jewish children play the game Dreidel. The Dreidal has four Hebrew words on each side. Each night they light another candle on the Menorah and the children get a present. Christians celebrate Christmas on December 25th.  This is when their Savior was born and they will put up a Christmas tree and place presents under it.  Buddhists in Japan celebrate the New Year.  On the night of New Year's Eve the go to the temple and ring the bell 108 time to clear all of humans 108 sins from the past years.  These are just a few of the different celebrations that go on.  All over the world people are celebrating different holidays.  I am a Christian, so I celebrate Christmas. On my blog, I may talk a lot about Christmas because that is what I know the best.  I am not trying to make my holiday more important then any others.  I hope this holiday season that you will respect other traditions and celebrations, even if they are not the same as yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment