Saturday, December 15, 2012

Giving vs. Getting

Imagine yourself on Christmas morning.  You run to your living room and you see a pile of presents just for you.  Imagine how excited you feel.  Now try to imagine someone who has no tree or a lot of presents, if any at all.  How might they be feeling?  Many people don't have the money or resources to provide a Christmas experience for their children.  Some people don't even have a home to celebrate Christmas in.  I love to get presents on Christmas, but it also hurts me to think of someone without.  Giving a gift to someone who really needs help brings me more joy then getting my own gifts.  I know I am spoiled and I sometimes take that for granted, but to give to someone in need brings a smile to my face, and it reminds me how lucky I am.  This holiday season I encourage you to give to someone who might be struggling to provide.  Giving is better then getting!

This video is from the movie "The Christmas Shoes" and it really touched my heart.  I pray that your holiday season is good, and please enjoy this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fKI50MhzVM

Source:
 "The Christmas Shoes." Youtube. Smithandchin2, 13 Sept. 2007. Web. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fKI50MhzVM>.

No comments:

Post a Comment