Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Struggle

Everyone faces some kind of struggle at some point in their lives.  I believe that without struggle, we cannot grow to be better.  If you think about it, we have growing pains as teens as a result of our bodies growing and changing as we become adults.  In the same way, we make mistakes to learn from them, to grow and change.  Struggle is a natural part of life.

One struggle that I face every day is my asthma.  I struggle with it more some days than others.  Sometimes I wake up at night unable to breath.  I've come home from school gasping for air, too.  I have an asthma inhaler in every room in my house and in all the cars.  It is especially challenging during sports and dance. Whenever I dance, whether it be in my basement or on a stage, I give it my all.  So if the dance is really labor intensive, I tend to lose my breath.  Most of the time, I can regain it within five minutes with a limited amount of wheezing.  It tends to be the worst during sports.  I am on the high school field hockey team and I play defense.  I love playing in the games but hate the practices, which you can't play without participating in.  We will run sprint after sprint after sprint, and afterwards, I will be tired and out of breath.  I remember carrying my asthma inhaler in my sock at practice so that I didn't have to run to the side of the field, grab medicine, and run back. Sometimes my asthma gets so bad during field hockey that I can't really catch my breath.  During these times when I can't breath, a song always pops into my head.  It is "Little Bit Longer" by the Jonas Brothers.  Nick wrote it about his diabetes while he was filming Camp Rock.  Even though I don't have diabetes, I can still relate to the song because of my asthma.  I'd like to share this very inspiring song with you.  Please enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVK9ZcZkEoI&feature=related

Source:
"A Little Bit Longer with lyrics Nick Jonas." Youtube. Dorakd101, 1 Nov. 2008. Web. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVK9ZcZkEoI&feature=related>.

No comments:

Post a Comment