Saturday, November 26, 2016

Look at Who God Made You to Be

Have you ever awaken in the morning, looked in the mirror and thought you just looked awful?  Your hair is sticking out at odd angles, your eyes are red, and you just feel fat.  I think everyone has felt like that at one point or another in their life. It's those days that you might put on a lot of makeup and put a lot of hair gel in your hair to get it to stay in place.  Maybe you are flipping through magazines and everyone in them is skinny with perfect skin and a perfect smile.  You look at yourself in the mirror, comparing yourself to her and you look nothing like that girl in the magazine.  But there is a secret that sometimes young girls, and even older ones and sometimes men, need to know.  Let me tell you what that is:  You are beautiful no matter what you look like.  God created you, and He made you perfect.  Sure, he didn't make you look like that perfect model (who has probably been very photoshopped), but He made you exactly the way He had in mind.  And you are beautiful in His eyes.

We all have those days when we feel like we're the ugliest person on earth.  Remember, though that God made you perfect in His eyes.

A song that touches on this idea is Jonny Diaz's "More Beautiful You."  I love the first verse where he is talking about the fourteen-year-old girl flipping through the magazine because that is me some days and I can relate!  Please watch his music video and remember, You Are BEAUTIFUL!

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for making me beautiful. Help me to love myself the way you love me. Amen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqQUojBg84

No comments:

Post a Comment