Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Building Altars

One common theme I have found when reading the Old Testament is that the Jewish people were into building alters. They built these altars as a reminder of all that the Lord has done for them. When they crossed over to the promised land, they built an altar. Whenever a battle was won they built an altar. It was a way to remember for generations to come what the Lord has done, and how he has blessed them.
I wonder what our lives would look like if we remember all the good that God has done for us or all the times he guided us out of a tough situation. We all go through hard times in life and if we had something that we can look at to remind us of a time when God came through for us and how he can do it again. For example, if you are wondering about God's timing, if you had a note or a mason jar where you can store these memories you can then go back to a time where God timing worked perfectly for you even when it wasn't when you thought it would happen. That is something I found interesting as I was reading the Bible that I wanted to mention.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for all the times you came through for me. I pray that I can remember all the good you have done for me when life starts to look bleak. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment