Sunday, May 1, 2016

Photography Portfolio - "The Weight"

We all have those moments in life, where we feel like the weight of the world is crushing you. You have one thing after another that you have to do, along with an image that you have to uphold on the outside like everything is fine. Those are the day, where at the end you break down crying because you can't take the stress anymore. I have had many of those days this semester.
When we have those moments in life where the burden is too much to bear, there are two things to remember. The first is that God is there to lighten the load. Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." God wants you to take all that you carry on your shoulders, and lay it down at the cross. All the work you have to do, all the people you have to please, all the worries that keep you up at night. God wants to take that from you and make your burden light.

One thing that I also noticed is that God place people in our lives to help with the burden we carry. Galatians 6:2 says, "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." We are to help other people carry their burdens. That means listening to their story, their struggles so you can help them carry their burdens and not become an obstacle for them. There are also people out there to help you carry your burden, but that requires you to show some of your vulnerability and let people know you are hurting. Sometimes that is rather a hard thing to do, but in the end, it is all worth it. 

Dear Heavenly Father, 
Thank you for taking our burdens, as well as putting people in our life to help us with our burden. Lord, I lay my burden down at your feet, for you are much stronger than I can ever be. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment