Sunday, May 1, 2016

Photography Portfolio - "Words to Speak"

For my last post, I want to talk about being vulnerable, and letting people in. A couple of weeks ago I gave a presentation summarizing what God has done in my life this semester. After the presentation, one of my friends asked if I was scared to present that because it showed my vulnerability. That caught me for a second, but in a society where you have to be perfect on the outside, someone showing their vulnerability is uncommon.

That is why I love this photo. Half the time, we want to say something, but we can't because society has raised us as to keep that locked inside. I want to say that unlike what society has told us, it is okay to be vulnerable. The only way we can get help is if we show that we are vulnerable.

That is why I am not ashamed to say that I struggled freshman year of college, Not with school work necessarily, but with relationships, and confidence. I have often worried about what my new friends would think of me, and how I should act around them. I work hard to prove that I am choosing the correct major and that I deserve to be here. I know that I am not the only one who has gone through something like this, and I want you to know that you are not alone. It is okay to be vulnerable, because God has placed people in your life who can help you, and God is always there for you.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your love that is constant no matter how much I am hurting inside. Help me to break this barrier that surrounds me where I can show where I am weak. Thank you for the people you have put in my life to help me through my struggles, and I pray that I can be a light for the people around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment