Saturday, May 28, 2016

Our Own Faith

Reading Romans 14, the first thing I notice is that each person has their own faith. No two faiths are alike, and as we interact with other people, we need to be aware of their faith. Not everyone believes that exact same thing as I would, but that doesn’t mean one faith is better than another. One thing about Christ’s freedom is that we are free from the judgment of others. For Romans 14 was talking about each one of us will answer to God for our faith, and how we don’t need to answer to other people. But we do have to be careful not to weaken someone else’s faith with our own.

Romans 14 ends by summarizing, that this freedom we have in Christ where we don’t have to worry about what we will eat or drink, shouldn’t cause other people to stumble. Like it was mentioned earlier in the chapter, we are to keep our faith between me and God. It is my faith that I am saved, and that is what frees me, but it should create a roadblock in other people’s life when it comes to their personal faith. If you haven't read Romans 14, I would recommend it because it is a good chapter about our faith.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the freedom found in you. Help me to use my faith to bring glory to you and not create a stumbling block for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment