Saturday, May 14, 2016

Finding Direction

One thing I love about living in the suburb of Denver is that I can find which way is west by looking at the mountains. That is the one thing I don't like about going to Dordt, is that I can't tell which way is west because there are no mountains. It finds it very easy to get lost because I don't know my directions, especially if all I can see are corn fields. The mountains help guide me in where I am going in Denver, and when I can't see them, it is easy to get lost.
The same thing can happen in our spiritual life. God gave us resources to act as our mountains, the Bible, pastor, mentors, etc. The verse that comes to mind on this subject is Psalms 119:105 which says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet, and light to my path." This verse talks about how the Bible, which is God's word, is our guide through life. When you don't read the Bible, then you are losing your guide, and you don't know which way to go, just like me in Iowa. We need that constant guide to help us through life. So take time out of your busy lives to read the Bible and talk to God and find which way you are supposed to be going in life.

Dear Heavenly Father, 
Thank you for your guide. Help me to learn from the Bible and apply it to my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment