Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Psalms

In my Biblical Foundation class, we are talking about the Psalms. One of the first things that we talked about is that Psalms are reflections of the people of the time. The Psalms addressed what people were feeling and going through over 2000 years ago. I found this something that helps us connect with the Bible. It is very easy to hold the Bible to a higher standard and think highly of the people in the Bible. Then you go and read the Psalms, and you read of their cries for help, and their praise and they seem human. Not only just that but we in the 21st century can relate to what they are feeling. We understand pain and suffering, but we also understand of joy and gratitude and trust. The cool thing is to is that since Psalms are reflections, they don't have to stop at Psalms 150. We can write our own Psalms as we reflect on our lives. Our homework for this class is to write our own Psalms, and I would like to share mine with you amd it is my pray for this post. I encourage you to write your own. Enjoy.

Psalms 151 -Kaitlyn Frye

Lord, I am scared.
I am the sheep who has wandered away,
Fallen into the same pit.
Taken by my enemies.

It's hard to stay on the path.
Without you rod and staff,
Who knows where I would be.
Consumed by the beauty of the world,
Yet dying on the inside.

Lord, thank you for your love.
It leads me back to my place
Time and time again.
I am a sheep
Protected by my shepherd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment