Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Back From Atlanta-The Lake

Last week was my spring break, and I spent it doing a service project in Atlanta, Georgia. It was one of my favorite week of freshman year yet. Over the next couple of posts, I am going to try my best to relay what I learned and experienced from the week.

Today I want to talk about the lake that was one the campsite on where we stayed. I woke up early one day and there was mist on the lake, and the water was clear enough to reflect the scenery around the lake. It was really beautiful, and a great way to wake up in the morning. Below are just a few of the pictures that I took.






When I was thinking about it, the way the lake reflects the surroundings can be compared to our relationship with God. God is the surroundings of the lake. He is the trees, sky, plants, and animals. He is on all side of the lake. We as believers are the lake. On the days when we are on fire for God, we can create a pretty good reflection of who God is for the world to see. When we rely on ourselves more than God, that reflection becomes distorted. Now it is important to remember that we can never be a perfect reflection, for that belongs to Jesus. He was the only one who lived a perfect life, and he can be the only one to reflect God perfectly. However, we can learn from Jesus, and his teachings to see what it means to reflect God. Then with some time, and dedication, the reflection will become clearer and clearer as we shift our focus from ourselves back onto God.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the beauty found in this world. I pray that I can reflect the beauty and love that you give me. I know that my reflection is distorted from who you are, but I pray that you can still use my distorted reflection to draw people closer to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment