Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Song Break Down - Love Has Come For Me

This song is off of Colton Dixon's first album, A Messenger. I love this song because of the message that it talks about. This song is all about surrendering yourself and letting God take over. The chorus of this song goes, "This is where I end/ And this is where You start/ And everything I needed/ Is everything You are/ Love has come for me/ Oh, love has come for me" I love how in the beginning of the chorus how it talks about God starting from where you are. By humbling yourself before God, and letting Him take control of your life, he is able to do amazing things with your life. James 4:10 says, "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you." God can do incredible things with those who submit themselves to God, and they let him take control right from where they are. You don't have to get your life in order before you surrender to God. God wants you just as you are now.
I also love the end of the bridge of this song. For those who haven't heard the song, the song builds up through the bridge, and then the music drops out and there are these two lines that goes, "I'm never gonna get it all together/ So, what's left to do but surrender?" These two lines are a realization that we can't do this on our own and that we need God to step in, so we have to surrender. It is a very basic statement, but there is so much power and truth behind it. By having the music drop out, it puts emphasis on the important of these two lines, and the importance of surrendering to God. 
Now the question is, how do we surrender in our lives. It is cool to talk about the concept of surrender, but it is hard to put in practice. Well I want you to think of one thing that is stressing you out right now. For me it is physics, because I have a test coming up, and I don't fully understand the material. Once you have that situation in your mind, take time right now to pray.
Dear Heavenly Father, 
I am stressed about _________. I surrender it to you, and I pray that you will take me as I am. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." I believe that you have a plan for all that I am going through, and that you only have my best interest at heart. Please take me as I am and use me for your plans that you have Lord. Thank you for your love that is new everyday Lord. Amen.


A prayer like this may be something that we pray often, maybe several times again, because it is easy to let the things of this world take control of us. All God want is for you to surrender so that he may show you the plans he has for you, and to help you be who God made you to be.

Love Has Come For Me Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment