Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year, Renewed Mind

So today is the last day of the year, and normally around this time, we start making New Year Resolutions. We seem to have a list of things that we would like to change about ourselves. I know for me, I would like to write the posts for my blog sooner than the morning of, allowing me more time to make the blog say what I want to. For others it may be going on a diet, or doing better in school, or working harder at your job, or what ever you can think of. I have a challenge for all my readers this New Year. Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Coming out of the holiday season, where we were stressed about family coming over, or nervous about what presents we will get, or busy writing thank you cards, this is a good time to renew our mind and turn our focus back to God. God has a plan for us that is pleasing and perfect, but it is sometimes hard to see with all that happens in life. I encourage you to take time and renew your mind to focus on God and his plan for you this New Year's. Happy New Year!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for another year, with it's ups and downs. Thank you that we have a chance to reflect and make goals for the up coming year. I pray that we are able to renew our minds, and focus back on you God, and that this year we will each be able to follow your plan that you have for us. Thank you Lord for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment