Wednesday, December 24, 2014

From Stories to Reality- Christmas Story

The past two times in this series I have used non-fiction stories to talk about. But since it is Christmas time, I figure that I write about a story that relates to Christmas. The story that I am using can be found in Isaiah 9:6  which goes, "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." I chose this story, because of it's location in the Bible. It is found in Isaiah, which is located in the old testament, but if you read the passage, it sounds like it was written at the same time that Jesus was born. It was prophesied years before Jesus, that he will be born. This was a story to the Jews at the time, and it was passed down from generation to generation. It was a story, until Jesus came to Earth and made it a reality. Jesus became a wonderful counselor and the prince of peace, and the everlasting Father, and so much more, the night that he was born in manger, in the City of David. Jesus made this story that had been around for a while into reality.
Now, there is so much more to this in how it can apply to your life. We each have a story, whether it is something that we had to overcome, or a victory that we have won. God had already written our stories a long time ago, before we were even born. He knows what is going to happen, and he knows all the plot twists before they happen. He will take your story that he has written and make it a reality if you let him. Just like how Jesus turned a story into reality, God is willing to do the same with you if you let him in. I know how much we each want our own realities to come true, but the story that God has written for us, will play out so much better in reality than anything that we will write. You just have to trust in the story that God has written for you.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for sending you son down in a form of a baby, to come and save my life. Thank you that you already have my story written out, and I trust you that it will be amazing when it comes to reality. I know that it is hard to trust a story that we don't know the end to, so I pray for the courage to trust and follow you in all that you make reality for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment