Saturday, December 27, 2014

From Stories to Reality - The Book With No Pictures

This is the last post for this series. When I was thinking of what to write about, I was trying to choose some other novel, but it wasn't until my mom checked this booked out from the library that I thought of doing a children's book. The book is title The Book With No Pictures, by B.J. Novak. Now the first thing that you think of when you look at the title, that it is going to be a very boring book, because of the lack of pictures. Most of the time, pictures are what make children's books so great, and one without pictures might be really boring. Right?
Wrong.
The book was so fun to read with my dad, because the book makes the parents who are reading the book make all sorts of crazy noise, and they have to say funny things. This incident reminds me of how much we stereotype people, especially when it comes to who can be saved and who can't be saved. John 7:24 says, "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” When we just look at a person and we automatically made decisions about them and if they can be saved, we aren't using the right judgement. The right judgement, involves talking to the person, and getting to know them, and even then it isn't up to us to judge if they will be saved, but it is God's. We just need to let everyone know of the good news of Jesus Christ, and then let God work in their hearts. Some people will accept Jesus and some won't, but we can't judge if they will or won't based on appearances. Just like how The Book With No Pictures, turned out to be fun to read, and how I wouldn't have done a children's book if it wasn't for my mom, we can't make judgement with out talking to people. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for getting to know us for who we are and not as some stereotype. Help me to see people like the way you see them, and not be so fast to judge based of appearances. Help me to share your news with everyone, no matter what they look like. Thank you Lord for your constant love for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment