Saturday, December 20, 2014

From Stories to Reality-"Eve and Adam"

Another really great book that I read was "Eve and Adam" by Michael Grant, and Kathrine Applegate. The book was about a girl, Evening (Eve for short), who got into a terrible accident because of an apple, (I could go on a tangent and write a whole other blog about this but I won't.) Then while Eve is recovering in her mother's hospital, she has the task to create the perfect boy, Adam. On this software, you could create a boy, from the eye color, to the activities that he did, to how smart he was, to his age, and so on. Eve creates what she believes is the perfect boy, but when it comes to life and interacts with her, she quickly discovers what she thought was perfect wasn't.

Now there are two ways I am going to go with this. First, is the role of playing God. It was mentioned a lot in here, of playing God and creating someone. Eve realizes that playing God is a lot harder than it seems, when it comes to creating something. Now let's think, God is God, and he didn't just create one person who was perfect, he created billions of people and each one is perfect in their own way. Psalms 139:19 says, "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." This verse just reflects how great God is when he created us, and how he sees us as being perfect. It is hard to see that sometimes because of sin that has entered the world, but we are made perfect to God.

Another thing that I take away from this, is that we might know who we want to date, but who we might think is perfect may not be. Eve created Adam, so that he could be her boyfriend, because at the time she wasn't really popular with the guys. But at the end of the book, she realizes that who she thought was perfect, Adam, wasn't as right for her as Solo, who had helped her though her stay at the hospital. We all have people who we think who will be great for us, whether it is a celebrity crush, or a cute guy at school. The thing is that we don't know who we are suppose to be with, but God does. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." God knows who who will marry, and he also know when you will meet, the date you will go on, and so on. We have to trust God that he has the perfect guy for us, and we should pray for our future spouse, praying that they are growing closer to God. 

This was a really great book, and there are so many more blogs I could do on this book, but I chose to write on these two because I think they're the most important. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for creating me to be perfect, and thank you for your plan of who I am going to marry. I pray that when the time is right, that you will show me this person, and I pray everyday that he is growing closer to you. Thank you for being so invested in my life, that you know the plans of my life down to the last second. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment