Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Song Break Down-In The Eyes

I recently went to a Newsboys concert. I had a blast at the concert. The opening act for the Newsboys was a band called 1 Girl Nation. Walking into the concert, I didn't know who they were, or any of their songs. As the concert went on, I started to like their songs. One song that I liked in particular was "In The Eyes." I came home to listen to the actual song and I loved it. I feel like it is a song that every teenager should know, so I decided to break down the song. 
Verse one sets up the basis of the song. It talks about how we all struggle to figure out where we fit in. Do we fit in with the popular group, or the jocks, or the nerds. It is when we don't fit into these specific cliques, we feel left out and alone. When we feel alone, we tend to hide who we really are, so we can fit in somewhere. The lyrics in the first verse go, "You hold the picture/Though it goes unsaid/I know you question/Where you fit in/Among the faces/You hear their voices say/You are broken/So you hide away/Don't hide away"

The second verse talks about how you don't need to fit into a clique. You were made to be you. You have your own purpose in life, and it is not the same purpose as the person's sitting next to you. For Psalms 139: 14 says, "I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." God made you for a reason, so you are going to be different from other people. That is okay, because God has made you to be wonderful, not lacking in anything that you might need to fulfill your purpose. "So you're different/Let them say you are/Cause you're the vision/Of the Father's heart/In the Father's heart"

I love the chorus of the song, because it puts to rest all the lies that we are told by the world. The chorus talks about how God sees you, and God sees you as beautiful, and perfect. Matthew 5:48 says, "You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." We are made in the image of God, and he is perfect, so we are made perfect. When sin entered the world, it tainted what we thought of ourselves. We believe the lies that this world tells us. The chorus straighten out those lies. The chorus goes."You are treasured/You are beautiful/In the eyes, in the eyes/Of the One who made you/You are perfect/You're worth more than you know/In the eyes, in the eyes/Of the One who made you"

The bridge of the song, ties the whole song together. No matter what lies the world tells you, God still sees you as priceless. God's opinion doesn't change, no matter what the world tells you. The bridge goes, "When the world has told you lies/You are priceless in His eyes" I pray that you find encouragement in this post. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
I know that you see me as beautiful and perfect. Help me to see me like you see me. This world will keep feeding me lie after lie, but in those times, help me to fall on the truth in the Bible. You see me as more than I see myself. Show everyday how special I am to you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment