Saturday, July 5, 2014

Forgiveness-Part Two

Wednesday, I talked about God's forgiveness for us. Well today, I'm going to talk about our forgiveness to other people. It is clear that we do get hurt by people; sometimes on accident, sometimes on purpose. But either way, we do get hurt either physically, mentally, or emotionally. As Christians, we are called to forgive everyone, who hurt us. In Matthew 18:22 Jesus says, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." Jesus was telling us that no matter how many times someone may hurt us, we are to forgive them each time. Now this is hard. It isn't always easy to forgive someone, and it just doesn't happen over night. It takes time, and sometimes help from God. If you are finding it hard to forgive someone, then ask God to help lead your heart to forgiveness. God forgives us everyday for a multitude of things that we do, and to show appreciation, we should forgive others, for things they do against us. It won't be easy, especially not at first. And forgiveness, isn't a way to excuse the behavior, but it is you saying that you aren't going to take revenge, and it shows God's love to the person. Forgiveness is a process that we have to work on everyday, with God's help.

Dear Heavenly Father,
       Thank you for your forgiveness. Help me to follow your lead, and forgive the people who have hurt me. It won't be easy, so please lead me to having a heart that forgives. I know that this will be an ongoing process to forgive the people who hurt me. Please help me with this, and thanks for your constant forgiveness. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment