Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Necklace-Part Three

This is going to be the last installment of this mini-series, but I believe that this is going to be the most powerful one. Last time I shared about how I presented the necklace in my school's bible study. while later that Wednesday, I shared my necklace in my Theory of Knowledge class. As for our final assignment, we had to bring in a piece of art that we either made, or a piece of art that someone else made that we liked. My presentation was just a five minute presentation like everyone else’s, but in that time I shared the meaning behind the necklace, and how it relates to my story and how I know have hope in Jesus Christ. After I finished, my teacher complimented me on how well thought out it was, and he loved that it was so personal with all of it’s meaning. 
But that wasn’t even the amazing part. The next day in my history class, my teacher surprised us by doing an activity instead of learning. The activity was we had to go around the room and say a complement to someone, then that person had to say a compliment about someone else and so on. So I thought I was going to be one of the last ones to be complimented because I don’t normally share a lot about my life, and everyone else in the class had their own close groups. But I was the third one to be complimented. And not only that, a part of the compliment was about how I gave such passion in what I do, and that clearly came through in my presentation of my necklace. And people kept coming up to me that I was beautiful, not on the outside necessarily, but that I was beautiful on the inside. This had to be the best part of the year by far.

Matthew 13:31-32 says, " He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.” I used this verse last time to because it fits so well. The necklace is the little mustard seed, and when I shared about it, it grow in the number of people that it reached. I pray that you take away from this that even if it seems small and not important, God can take it and do huge things with it. You just have to have faith in God that what he is going to do will be amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment