Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Broken Beauty

Here is a poem I wrote called "Broken Beauty." I took some of our negative comments about ourselves that aren't inline with what God thinks. I pray that you find strength in this poem.

Broken Beauty

I feel small,
weak,
powerless.

I feel like I'm not of significance,
importance,
meaning.

I feel like I'm lost,
confused,
abandoned.

I fell like I blend in,
can't be seen,
can't be heard.

BUT

God said that
"his power is made perfect
in my weakness."

God made us
"in our image, 
after our likeness."

God said to,
" acknowledge him" and
" he will make straight your paths."

God, in his power
still loves us and 
" he hears us"

Put your hope in the Lord,
and not in yourself,
and let's see how beautiful you really are.


Verses used in the poem in order.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Genesis 1:26
Proverbs 3:6
1 John 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment