Saturday, August 24, 2013

What You Can Handle

I play field hockey. This is my third year playing it. I love the games and most of the practices, but I do not like the running. Wednesday, our coach increased our running by a lot. We now had to do 2 laps and stairs, and then we had to do forty yard sprints. With my asthma it was difficult to complete all that. God knew that. So on the laps. I only did one lap and stairs and then my asthma got really bad that I had to stop and take medicine. This gave me enough time to rest, before the sprints. But I had to stop during the sprints because I couldn't breath. That night I pretty much went home in tears because of how much my body and lungs hurt. I got home, and before my shower I tried to find anything in the bible that could help. I found Mathew 10:29-31 saying, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very own hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." This verse meant to me is that God knows everything about me. He knows I have asthma, and that it gets hard for me to breath. He knows how much my body can handle before it shuts down. God gave me asthma problems on the first lap because He knew I would come off and get medicine. He did this so I wouldn't totally die in the sprints. If you are struggling with something, and it feels like everyone else is better than you, just know that God knows. He knows that maybe you struggle with school, or sports, or relationships, and God wants you to give it all to Him. When you do, He can do amazing for you. The practice on Friday (had a game Thursday), the coach said if you want to do conditioning then come an  half hour early to practice. I didn't go because I knew how much work it was. It's not that I'm being lazy, it's just hard for me to run for an half an hour with my asthma. I gave the practice on Wednesday, and He made it to where I didn't have to go and run, because he knows how difficult it is for me. And Friday I was able to run the whole two laps and stairs without stopping, because God knew I didn't have to do sprints. So what can you give to God this weekend, so He can work it so that you can handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment