Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pay Attention

So recently I got my drivers licenses. And boy do I see things differently. Growing up, I didn't really notice all that happened around the car. But when I got my licenses I noticed how fast cars fly by, and how many close calls happen. When you are driving, you have to pay attention to everything or else you could wreak and hurt yourself or others. The same thing goes with God. You need to pay attention 24/7. That way you can get everything He tells you. Ecclesiastes 12:1 says, "Remember your Creator in the days of your youth before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, 'I find no pleasure in them'" Even one second of not paying attention to God can cause you a world of hurt. One moment of ignoring God, can end you up doing something that you don't want to do. And once you start it's hard to stop. In a car when you hit your breaks, you don't stop immediately but skid forward into someone else. Even if you get back to paying attention to God, it may be too late.
When you get into a wreak, the driver of the other car may not forgive you for not paying attention for a second, God does forgive you. He understands that we are human. That's why He sent His son to die for us, because God knows how easily distracted we get.
So are you paying attention to God or are you flying past Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment