Saturday, August 31, 2013

I'm Still Standing Here

While listen to K-Love, I heard Colton Dixon's song, "Never Gone". I love how he took an experience that he had as a kid and connected it to his relationship with Jesus. Colton said that when he was younger, he would run and turn the lights on when he was in bed, to make sure everything was still there. This is like when we have a struggle in our lives and we ask if Jesus is still there, and we turn on the lights. I love the chorus of this song that says, "I'm still standing here. No, I didn't disappear. Now the lights are on. See I was never gone." Deuteronomy 31:8 says "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discourage." In both the song and the verse, the word never is used. In life you can't trust when someone says never because it is easy to break, but when Jesus says never He means it. So what ever you are going through take comfort in knowing that Jesus will NEVER leave you, so you don't need to go rush and turn the light on, because Jesus is still standing there.

Here is the song by Colton Dixon if you wanted to watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbWgiSPAcw

No comments:

Post a Comment