Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dancing with Jesus

So recently I have had a cool experience with Jesus. I was in my basement, upset because things weren't going my way that day. After listening to some other songs, I finally turned on "Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns. When I looked up from my Mp3 player, I saw Jesus standing right in front of me. When the words came on I just started singing to Him with all I had. During this He slowly came towards me. By the time of the chorus, Jesus grabbed my hands and we started to dance. I closed my eyes and I let Jesus lead. There were moments when I didn't fully trust him, and I opened my eyes to make sure I didn't run into things. But as the song progressed I trusted him more. Not once did I run into a table or the couch or the walls. At the end of the song, I opened my eyes and Jesus was gone, but I felt completely at peace, and I didn't worry about anything that when on that day.
A couple of weeks later, I was thinking about this experience and I realized that life is one big dance routine with Jesus.

If you haven't accepted Jesus into your heart, it's as if you are trying to do a partner dance without a partner, and that is very difficult, because you don't know what to do, and it is hard to do tricks in the dance.
If you have accepted Jesus, but it's still new, it's like you are dancing with each other but your an arms length away. It is still difficult to do tricks, but at least now you have some direction.
The closer you draw to Jesus the closer you will dance to him, until it is like you are on his feet. As a child many of us stand on our parents feet as they dance around the room. Matthew 18:2-4 says "And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, 'Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'" This means that you completely trust Jesus that you will not fall flat on your face. But we occasionally fall off and that is like a slip-up that we make in life. But Jesus has your hands and every time you fall off his feet, he can pull you right back on.
The calm parts in our life are like a high school slow dance. Everyone is rocking back and forth, and it is calm and quiet.
The struggles in life, are the lifts in the dance routine. You have to trust your partner completely. You also don't get the lifts on the first try. You have to keep trying and working on it. It can be hard but God always has you through this part. When you finally get through the struggle, it's as if you have completed the lift which can only add to the dance routine.

After I thought about this, it put my whole life into perspective. I love to dance, and if I am doing a routine with Jesus, I want to know more about Jesus, so that the routine can be more known to me. The more of Jesus that I know, the more of the routine that I will know too.

So I ask, how is your dance routine with Jesus coming along?

3 comments:

  1. Good question! My dance routine is a little awkward. I tend to step on His feet quite a bit but He's incredibly patient with me and I'm learning to be better in our dance routine every day! :0) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the insight and the spiritual experience you expressed in thus post. I guess I'm still trying to get it right because I definitely fall off now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus and I have done a sultry tango of passionate lovemaking throughout my 16 years of life.

    ReplyDelete