Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Language

Now in Panama, language was a big part of interacting with the kids. The problem is that they speak Spanish and I speak English. (I take a second language but Japanese didn't come in handy in Panama.) There was a time when we all did speak the same language, but then we turned our eyes off God and to ourselves. So God said that if they can speak the same language then they can do anything. So God scattered the language. So it is hard to go on a missions trip, when you can't speak the language. But God did provide a way to make it easier. He provided us with translators, and kids that can speak Spanish on our team. But there were other ways to talk to these kids. I remember that I would sit with my camera and take pictures of the kids, and every time I showed them the photo they started giggling. They didn't care that we couldn't speak the same language, but they enjoyed our company, and the cameras. This goes to show that you don't always need words to change a life, because sometimes being there is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment