Saturday, June 29, 2013

Trusting God

Most people struggle with trusting God and His plan for us, either if it's with the small things in life, or the big decisions we have to make. Matthew 10:29-31 says "Aren't two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." If God new what was going to happen to the sparrows, and since you are worth more than sparrows, then God knows everything that will happen to you.

While I was in Panama, God reestablished why I need to trust Him. On the trip, I took my family's camera with me. Since the camera wasn't mine, I couldn't break it or damage it. When I got to the first island, I was taking picture of the kids. The kids were amazed by the camera because they could take pictures of themselves and then see it. By the last day, we had taught the kids how to photo bomb and to how to take selfies.  Then more kids came and soon I was surrounded by kids. Some of them asked for my camera, but I said no. I couldn't bring myself to trust these kids with the camera. Not even five minutes later, when I was watching Christina and Jordan open a coconut, a kid comes up and points at my camera. I said "si" because I thought he wanted to know what it was, and the next thing he has my camera and is taking pictures. Right before we left, I found the guy and I asked for my camera back, and he willingly gave it to me. After words God was telling me, "See, these kids aren't going to drop the camera."

The next day, I was hanging with the kids on the island where we were sleeping, and I gave them the camera. I kept a close eye on it but I let the kids play. Later that night I made the whole experience that I was going through about me and not God, so the kids later that night dropped the camera. Then I heard God saying "I kept your camera safe and you doubted me. Well I let the kids dropped the camera." I felt bad for doubting God. I know I should have learned when I doubted God on other things and that I should have learned by now, but each new experience adds to the levels of trust.

The next day, I gave the kids on the island that we slept on the camera. Then I let them go play. They had the camera down by the ocean all the way to the top of the hill. I didn't freak because I knew that God had it. Then right before devotional that night, a girl came up to me and gave me the camera and left. The camera wasn't broken and it wasn't wet. God had truly protected the camera. And He knows that I need to be reminded often to trust God, so He will keep reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment