Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover

Most of us have heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." But yet so many of us do. I often read books that have an eye-popping cover. Most the time I don't know what the book is about until I have checked it out. The same goes with people that we meet. We tend to judge people before we get to know them well. Luke 6:37a says "Do not judge, and you will not be judged." It shows that just as you judge people, people judge you. Then we get all these stereotypes that are so common today. For example, I hear sometimes that all Christians haven't done drugs, or drink or party, and their parents  are together. But some of my friends used to drink and party before they were Christian. I met some people on my Panama trip whose parents are divorced. The stereotype, that blonds are stupid isn't true. I know blonds who are very smart. When we judge people and put them in these stereotypes, we bring judgment upon ourselves. If you don't like to be judged for who you are not, then why should you judge someone else. Even if you know the person for a while, they can still surprise you with facts about their life. So you shouldn't count anything out before you ask, even if you are best friends or complete strangers.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice Article! We've all been guilty of doing this and I like your angle on this matter! Hi, I'm CJ, from a Christian Teen Girl Webzine (http://www.godlygirlsforgod.com). I really like your Blog and you are very inspirational!
    Check out our book on Amazon: http://www.amzn.com/1300504730"
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete