Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sovereign

So I was in church and during worship we sang a song called "Sovereign". I was singing the lyrics of the screen except I had one dilemma. I don't have the biggest vocab in the world, so I sang the song with out really knowing the meaning of it. So I came home and looked up the definition of sovereign.
Sovereign means supreme ruler. When you put that definition in the song makes more sense. "Supreme ruler of the mountain air. Supreme ruler of the ocean floor." With that definition it shows how God is ruler over everything, including my life. Matthew 10:29-31 says "Aren't two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." If the supreme ruler knows every move of the sparrows he knows everything you do. Out of the 7 billion people the Supreme ruler knows everything about you. That is pretty cool. And I must say, God is sovereign over my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk_HBla7C28

Sources:
True Images Bible. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2007. Print
"Chris Tomlin - Sovereign - Lyrics [Burning Lights Album]." YouTube. MattStone712, 8 Mar. 2013. Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment