Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Worth

Teenagers feel like the need to be worth something. When we don't get what we want, then many turn to dating, or drugs, or popularity. The thing is, all of what we are trying to find our worth in is only temporary. You don't need to go looking for worth in people or things. You might feel good when you get you the worth you are looking for, but when that fades away, you will feel worse the before. Then you repeat the cycle, every time feeling more and more worthless. If you find your worth in God, then you will always feel that worth. He is never changing, and to Him you are worth something. For example, I don't need to go looking for my worth in the number of views I get on my blog, or how many friends I have, or in my grades. I find my worth in God, and that is enough to get me through each day. I wake up knowing that I'm loved, and that I am worth something. To many teenagers in today's society, they wake up feeling like they have no worth. Then they struggle through out the day trying to find that worth. When we find our worth in God, then we don't have to go throughout the day looking for our worth. So I ask you, where are you finding your worth today?
A song that I love that really touches on this is "You Are More" by Tenth Avenue North. The part of the video that I love is seeing the chalkboard get washed cleaned. We don't have to worry, because God has wiped our slate clean. I pray that you enjoy the video and you can take something out of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA

Source:
"Tenth Avenue North - You Are More." YouTube. TenthavenuenorthVEVO, 10 Nov. 2010. Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment