Saturday, May 11, 2013

What If

Growing up, many teenagers want to feel accepted by their peers. When they are not accepted, they try to change themselves so that they can be accepted. Girls more often than boys, will starve themselves just to be as skinny as the girls in the magazines. Others will get depressed when they can't live up to the expectations of society, and commit suicide. In today's society it is hard to find someone who loves them self for who they are, when everywhere you look, people are telling you that your not good enough. Your not good enough if your not skinny, if you don't have the right clothes, if you don't have the hottest guy, or the most money.
But God created us to be perfect. He created us in his image. He made you perfect for his plan, and his plan alone. He has a plan for you, and maybe that plan couldn't been done if you were someone else.
I was sitting in the halls waiting for school to start, and just started to write. At the end God gave me a true story that so many teenagers go through everyday. I'm not saying that you will instantly fall in love with yourself, but slowly and slowly you will build up yourself esteem. Please Enjoy!

What If

Today my English teacher told the class that we were going to have a timed writing. And the topic of our writing was “What If”. The teacher said, “Go” and everyone started writing. Except me. I stared at my blank page wondering what I could write about.

I looked over to Angelica. She already had a page written in her flowery hand writing. She had a perfect body, perfect hair, and a perfect smile. I began to write, “What if I could be like Angelica, always poised and perfect? What if I could be as confident as she is?”

I quickly crossed that out because it made me look weak. I then turned to Johnny. He was always saving the environment, and helping any where he could. I started writing again, “What if I could be like Johnny, always saving the environment? What if I got awards for my help in the community?”

I crossed it out again because this time, what I wrote made me seem like I don’t care. Lastly, I turned to Sue, who had all the guys. She could date anyone she wanted at a snap of a finger. I started writing again, "What if I had a boyfriend like Sue? What if a guy paid special attention to me? What if I loved him back?"
 
I crossed that out too, because I was looking pretty pathetic. Then the teacher started collecting papers. I couldn’t turn my in with crossed out writing on it, so I scribbled something down real quick. I handed the paper in, and the teacher looked at my messy paper and my one sentence in disgust. But I was proud of what I wrote.

“What if I could love myself as I am?”


No comments:

Post a Comment