Saturday, May 4, 2013

But God's My Only Hope

Let me start by saying, I am not a people person. I'm not good at talking to other individuals, which leads me to having a limited amount of friends. Most of my friends don't text much, and I don't have Facebook or Twitter, so we don't talk much outside of school. This is fine with me, except for when I need to talk to someone, and no one is there.
Everyone goes through a point where there is no one to turn to when you need it the most. This can lead us to go looking for someone who we believe will always be there. Most time we find either a boyfriend or girlfriend, and slowly it becomes an unhealthy relationship. We depend so much on them that we can't do anything without them. As this typical story goes, you either go farther then you wanted with your relationship, or they break up with you and you don't know what to do with yourself. Either way, you end up at the same spot when you started the relationship, but you feel much worse. This could lead you to doing drugs and alcohol, or cutting yourself, or hurting yourself in any other way.
There is a way to talk about all your problems, and feelings of loneliness. God is always there and he is willing to listen to you any time of the day. Hebrews 13:5 says "Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, because God had said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" God will never leave you so you always have somewhere to turn that's not a relationship, or material things.
Last night, I watched a movie with my family, and after a movie I love to talk about the movie and my thoughts on it. I normally do this with my best friend, but it was late at night and I needed to shower and go to bed. So as I was in the shower, words popped into my head, which turned to phrases, and then a poem. It's about how lonely we feel when we are standing in the rain alone, and how we search for someone to carry us out. But God is the only one who will always carry you out of the storm. People can be there to help, but God does most the heavy lifting. And he may not immediately pull you out, but while you are in the storm he will protect you.
So here is the poem I wrote in the shower, and yes it is this short, but I don't need too much to get my point across. Please enjoy!
 
But God's My Only Hope
 
Here I am standing
In the middle of the rain.
I'm stuck all alone and
There is no escape.
I'm searching and seeking
For someone to carry me out,
But God's my only hope.
 
Source:
 True Images Bible. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2007. Print


No comments:

Post a Comment