Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sweet Memories

So Wednesday, I gave a specific example of how something that I wrote can add meaning to my life now and how God can speak through it. If you haven't read it I suggest that you take the time to read it after this one. Today I want to give a general over view about this with more examples.


So as I was looking back over my sixth grade Life Journal, the first thing that struck me is the fact that I had my favorite movie and favorite TV show plastered all over the first handful of pages. My favorite movie is Meet the Robinsons and my favorite TV show was Danny Phantom. In looking back over them, I stopped to think why I enjoyed them so much. To me, they were a source of encouragement, to keep going and fighting even when everything seems to be against you. Just thinking of college life and life after graduation, I could really use that advice.


I continue to look and I see all the songs and poems that I wrote back in middle school. It is funny because some off them reflect how alone I felt because that awkward middle school years, it was hard to find a stable group of friends. Reflecting on that, I can see that I have come so far. I went from having little friends that would change every trimester, to having a solid group of friends I continually talk to and have Bible studies with and completely enjoy each other's company.  There is much encouragement to see how I have grown.


Lastly, as I was going through my Life Journals, I found a plan on what my life would be like in 3, 5, and 10 years. I have to say that my life took a different course. I wanted at the time to win American Idol, instead I am a digital media major at college. Not exactly what I planned, but it is interesting to see how my life is turning out and how it is amazing at the same time.


These are just three examples of how looking at the past can be a great reminder of what lies ahead and how God can use even the simplest notes or sketches that we make to speak to us. He can encourage us with how much we have grown, or show us his path that he is leading us down, or give us encouragement when we needed it.


I do encourage you to keep some form of a journal to write down your thoughts and ideas, so you can go back to them later.


Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for all the ways that you speak to me. Help me to keep my ears open to what you have to say and know that everything can be used for your glory. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Very good today. I'm glad you took after your Mommy a little bit with journaling, you know mine comes in handy occasionally. Probably good your not as obsessive about it like me but keep it up so after you graduate college you can look back at these years and see how far you have come. Last night Dylan did my diary for me, I've copied over what he wrote for your enjoyment......This morning Dylan woke up and went to school. Today he had First off so he went to school at eight. He went to Cornell’s first then went off to writing on film. He finished his movie and talked about it in class. Then he went to cornels and was in Cornell’s third fourth and after school till eight o’clock. He got a lot done towards his architecture project and had pizza for dinner. Me and Lyndal went to sams and had potatoes and meat for dinner. Dylan is a great son.

    ReplyDelete